The beginning of every year I have the opportunity to travel to different trade shows both domestically as well as abroad in Europe. I look forward to seeing all the new product introductions as well as seeing what the industry is predicting to be on trend for home décor. Here are some of the top trends that set the tone for 2014:
- Neutrals- A neutral color palette is still very prevalent, but has now shifted to warm tones. The all gray rooms are being replaced by whites, creams and natural raw wood furniture. The rooms look collected and layered rather than ordered from a catalogue.
- Metallics– Warm golds are starting to replace the popular cool silvers from the past years. Metallics are being used in neutral interiors as the accent color, and even being grouped together mixing gold with silvers. The color of copper is making its way out of the kitchen and into more home decor accent pieces from candlesticks to cache pots.
- Color– The trend for rooms with color is to use a muted value of color. Picture colors that appear to be filtered through smoke and sunlight, or have a weathered look to them. The most popular color that translate into our regional interiors are all shades of blue, from navy to turquoise. The pantone color of the year is Radiant Orchid, which is a muted purple and the best way to incorporate this into your interior is by simply bringing in actual orchids into your space.
- Accent Color– This use to be introduced into a room with small accessory pieces like frames or vases. Now the trend is to add accent color by using large statement pieces or furniture or wall art which brings more energy and interest into a room.
- Kitchens– The kitchen is still the gathering and most lived in space in most peoples home. The trend for this room is to bring more comfort furniture and adding personality that you might think is suited for a living room. Displaying your collections or hanging interesting art are examples of how to personalize this space.
Leave A Comment